These are some of my creations for the month of July!
First off, is a card I made for my friend, Jo, who got engaged on 4th July 2009! Still can't believe it! Hehe. Congrats to them both! I did a pinky-purply card, backed with a floral pattern paper and a nice white-silvery ribbon across it. :)
First off, is a card I made for my friend, Jo, who got engaged on 4th July 2009! Still can't believe it! Hehe. Congrats to them both! I did a pinky-purply card, backed with a floral pattern paper and a nice white-silvery ribbon across it. :)
Next would be my housemate's birthday card. Vic is a bigg fan of the colour blue…hence the blue card I made especially for her with a bigg ribbon. Her birthday falls on 6th July 2009. 
On 7th July, my dad turned 61! Whoohoo. Mum calls it his "six series". Hehe. I made a card with a golf theme, since my dad is such an avid golfer. You can find him practicing his swings at almost every corner of the house. His favourite spot is either in front of the tv or at the living room. Once, I even found him doing it at the dining area. Hahah!
And...here are my weekly challenges' creations for the LLC blog.
For the 1st challenge, our theme was green cards. This idea came up from Abin's (Sue's hubs) colleague, Agnes whose favourite colour is greeeen. I wanted to do something cute & fun..hehe. This is it. I named mine the "Green Smile". I totally dig the tiny brad which I've put on the centre of the blue ribbon. How cute is that!
For the 1st challenge, our theme was green cards. This idea came up from Abin's (Sue's hubs) colleague, Agnes whose favourite colour is greeeen. I wanted to do something cute & fun..hehe. This is it. I named mine the "Green Smile". I totally dig the tiny brad which I've put on the centre of the blue ribbon. How cute is that!The 2nd challenge was to create a card consisting of these 3 colours - brown, orange & white. An idea I got from this guy I saw, wearing a striped t-shirt with those colours. It got my attention straightaway. (Not the guy aa..so not, haha). So, to Mr Striped Shirt, thank you for wearing that t-shirt!

I made a thank you card this time round and it turned out to be earthy-ish.
And the 3rd and most recent challenge is to make a pop up card. An idea given by Adam (thank you for the input encik!). This is really a challenge to me! I totally have no idea how to do this challenge as Sue informed me about it only on Monday night (which was rather last minute!), and we're to finish by Tuesday so that we can post it on our blog for Tuesday's updates. But I told her, we shall go ahead with it & see how things turned out. So, without any samples (I didn't have access to internet anywhere else but the office, so tarak dapat get ilham online di rumah), I tried to flip through the pages of my craft magazines, hoping they have a picture (at least) of some kind of pop up cards. I managed to find one small picture and the bottom page of one magazine and that gave me an idea. Phewh..I'm relieved & glad! At least I have a picture of how it would look like...and this is the end result.....




Am not entirely satisfied with it...aiya, especially the cover of the card. But I do love my ladybug!
Another card I did was for my dear aunty Minda, my dad's che-che. I wanted this card to be very floral & sweet. I sure I hope it does! Well, this is it.
And I hope that it arrives in one piece and not in pieces, as this card will be travelling across the globe (hehe, not entirely lah) to Washington, North England (I wish I get sent there instead of the card :p).
And last but no least, my final creation for July is........
Tadaaa....

A purple farewell card for a lady who made an order for Sue & I to make 2 farewell cards for her colleagues. Sue & I split the job and did one card each. I sure hope she likes it! I'm satisfied with it, though I had a tough time figuring out how to piece 'em together..
And oh..I adore my newly purchased polka-dotty pink ribbons...makes me smile, lookin' at them.. :) Terima kasih 'Cinta' (the place where I found those pretty ribbons..bukan lagu Afgan, hehe)
So, there. My July's works of art. Am embracing the new month ahead for more inspirations & creations! :)
Til then, God bless & thanks for dropping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment