Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Live.Love.Craft.

One of my current favourite past times is crafting especially card making. The crafty side of me has been with me...since I was small.
I remember I loooved to doodle & scribble away when I first discovered how to use a pencil..hehe. The walls of my house where I grew up says it all. You can find my earliest masterpieces there (but I think they're gone now, after my parents did a repainting job to the house). My hands would get all dirty from the drawings & scribblings. I'm a leftie, you see. If you are a leftie too, you would know why. ;)
I even have a little nook where I put up all my drawings and scribbles..a little crafty corner for myself. Siap dengan meja & kerusi lagi tu. Haha! Then, I remembered Mum would have a weekly art class for me and my three childhood friends on Saturday mornings. We would play with watercolours, crayons, make crafts and we even did those stamps with batang pisang & potatoes..hehe. So much fun! I also went for art classes during my primary school days. I kinda forgot the name of my art teacher (aiya). I still have the drawings of my art class days, which I planned to frame, but have not (*procastinating*). During my high school days, I would look forward to PS (Pendidikan Seni) classes. I remembered my friends and I made this box set for perfumes for our project...hehe, which was pretty cool. We even had a brand name for the so called 'perfumes' (they were only bottles filled with cologne). :p I brought my crafty side to my uni days as well. Registering to the Graphic arts class as one of my co-curriculum was where I unleashed it. It was where I learnt to use Photoshop! But if you ask me how to use it now...I wouldn't remember...berkarat sudaa..hehe :p

Ok, fast foward to a half a decade (or so) later, here I am, with a passion for card making & making crafts! My cousin, Sue, who share the same passion with me, is my partner in crime. We found out that we both dig this (totally!) when we were making a birthday card for a friend. It has caused the crafty ball to start rolling...and we came up with the idea of selling our cards at our church to help out the youths. Wow..it was a great opportunity to let us both get our crafty juices out of our system into cards, bookmarks, notebooks etc! Hehe. We were so amped! And we never stopped since (well, only occassionally when we were hit with "crafter's block"..hehehe)! This month of July is a memorable one for us. We both decided to create a blog which we named as 'Live.Love.Craft.' & start a little business to sell our cards & crafts! A new beginning indeed! Check it out here!! - http://live-love-craft.blogspot.com/

Oh wow...didn't realise it's such a looong post! Well, if you're passionate about something, you can't stop talking about it. Agree? Live it. Love it. Craft it. Heheh.

Til then, keep peeking. ;) God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Yo Cuzzie! You've been peeked! LOL! Sweet blog and I love the simpleness..is there such a word? Teehehe. Anyway, congrats:p! Finally (rolling my eyes too)! LOL!

    Let me know if you want the blog blanner ya..*wink..wink*. Teehehe.

    ReplyDelete