Thursday, September 3, 2009

Gettin' stitched!

Hey there! I know I've not been updating for the past week or so..oopsy. I've been away for most of it. And it's been such an eventful week...i don't quite know where to start (gasp!), haha! I guess I'll share about the cards I made recently. One of them is LLC's weekly challenge. Well, this time round, Sue & I agreed to do a card with stitches. Yup, you heard me right! We embraced our stitching skills (well, i think mine kinda berkarat already, hehe) & took up the challenge! Here's mine:



The card is an encouragement card, with the verse taken from Jeremiah 29:11. The inspiration came from the SOMA seminar that I attended recently. During one of the sessions, we were asked to go in pairs & pray for each other. I paired up with Sue. We chose the verse from Jeremiah to focus on during our prayer. This verse has always been a "heart lifter" for me especially on days when it seems so dark & gloomy. It's a great reminder, indeed!


I hope you can see the swirly stitch ;)

I've decided to stitch a swirl on the upper right of the card. I didn't know it was that tough to stitch on paper. It was definately harder than I thought. You really have to be careful & gentle so as not to scrunched up the card...which will only lead to a total disaster! Hehe. Nonetheless, I had fun!

The next card I did was an order from Maggie. She wanted a birthday card for her daddy a.k.a Uncle Hurbert, who turned 57 on 30th August 2009! (did I get the date right, Maggie?) So here it is:


It's one of my favourite creations because of the new thing I've learned....making a folded t-shirt! I found a video on it on youtube & I really liked doing it. Plus it's very cute! Heheh. Here's some close ups...

Well, I guess that's my update for the moment. I would really like to update more, but will find time for that later. Gotta go and look at houses & such for now, haha! (was wishing it would rain so that I wouldn't have to go out, heehee, but it seems that it's NOT happening anytime soon).
Til then, happy peeking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment